Authorized Use, Users:
We understand that our customers and website visitors are concerned about the privacy of information.
We have established policies and procedures concerning the collection, use and security of your information that will help protect your privacy. Our privacy policies are designed to help us serve our customers while maintaining the required privacy and security standards.
- “Information” shall include data, message, text, images, sound, voice, codes, computer programs, software and data bases or micro film or computer generated micro fiche. “Information” shall include data, message, text, images, sound, voice, codes, computer programs, software and data bases or micro film or computer generated micro fiche.
- "Personal Information" means any information, which is capable of identifying you (either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available with us), such as your name, phone number and email address.
- “Privacy Rules” means Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Data or Information) Rules, 2011 as amended from time to time.
- “Sensitive Personal Data or Information” shall have the meaning ascribed to such term under the Privacy Rules.
During the normal course of doing business with you, we may collect information about you from the following sources;
- information we receive from you on applications or other forms;
- information about your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others; and
- information collected through an Internet "cookie" (an information collecting device from a web server).
We may also ask you to provide any Information when you:
- Use our website;
- Request a call from our representative;
- Request for services, or information;
- Register for a service on this website
- Instruct us to perform a transaction if you are a registered customer;
- Participate in promotional activities;
- Subscribe to newsletters, promotional emails, or other materials;
- Enter or intend to enter into any kind of relationship with us; or
- Contact us.
For each visit to our website, our Web server automatically recognizes the visitor's Internet service provider. Additionally, we collect certain kinds of information including Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data and Information. We use this information to assemble aggregate information about the visitors to our website, and assist with our systems administration and problem resolution activities
We collect personally identifiable information in order to identify and register a customer. The information we seek and collect will vary depending upon the function you select. For example, you may be required to provide information such as:
- Physical Address
- Phone Number
- E-mail address
- Date of Birth
- Folio/Account Information
- Transaction Information
- Bank Account (Credit Card/Debit Card) Information
- Permanent Account Number (PAN) Details
- KYC status documents
For individuals that log in as representatives of a business or corporate account, we may gather Information based on your relationship with our organization for the purposes of providing customized services online. We may also collect Information such as details of your business or company, age, gender, interests, preferences and favorites.
If you supply us with your e-mail address on-line you agree and consent that you may receive periodic messages from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you supply us with your postal address on-line you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new products and services or upcoming events. If you supply us with your telephone number on-line you agree and consent that you may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding products or services you have asked for on-line. You also agree and consent that you may receive telephone contact from us with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events and that you have no objection to the same. You may choose to receive or not receive marketing communications from us by indicating your preferences through e-mail or through the website. Please allow up to 10 business days for your preferences to become effective. As some promotions are developed in advance, you may receive marketing communication after receiving your request preference.
By (a) accessing our website; or (b) registering on our website; (c) availing any services provided by us; or (d) entering into any kind of relationship or transaction with us through our website (hereinafter collectively referred to as “Our Services”), you hereby consent to collection and use of your Information by us. However, you will be required to specifically give your consent prior to providing any Sensitive Personal Data or Information to us. Such consent can be given by you by checking the box next to ‘Accept’ tab available on our website through which you intend to avail Our Services. You will, however, have an option, while availing Our Services, not to provide the Sensitive Personal Data or Information sought to be collected by us. You will, at any time while availing Our Services, also have an option to withdraw the consent given to us for collection and use of the Sensitive Personal Data or Information. Such withdrawal of the consent should be sent in writing to us. In the event you do not provide your consent or later on withdraw the same, we shall have the option not to provide Our Services to you, for which the said Sensitive Personal Data or Information was sought by us.
If you are under 18 years of age, please do not submit any Information including Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information through our website without the express consent and participation of a parent or guardian.
We automatically collect summary information about the Web pages visitors access including the pages you viewed, links and advertisements you clicked, the terms you searched for, and other actions in connection with the website and services from us. We may also collect certain information from the browser you use to access our website, such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and language, access times, the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) of the website that referred you to our website and to which URL you navigate from our website if you click on a link on our site. We use the information to improve the content of our Web pages. We do not use this information to track the activity of individual visitors, and the summary information is not traceable to individual visitors unless visitors have voluntarily identified themselves. We collect the e-mail addresses of visitors to our website when visitors provide them, the e-mail addresses of those who communicate with us via e-mail, and information volunteered by the visitor, such as survey information, contract information and/or site registrations. We do not automatically collect any of this information from our website visitors. Visitors may be surveyed for feedback concerning this website.
We use your Information including Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information to:
- Provide service and support that you request;
- To respond to your request for a call or referral;
- To perform and process transactions you request;
- To tell you about products or services we offer;
- To authenticate registered customers;
- Manage the website;
- Process and/ or evaluate your request in relation to any services availed by you;
- Customize, analyse, and improve our services (including the content and advertisements on our website), technologies, communications and relationship with you;
- Help resolve queries/problems;
- Analyze the use of the site;
- Protect the security or integrity of the website, our business, or our products or services;
- Send communications to you including information about products and services available from us and our corporate affiliates, promotional offers, and surveys;
- Avoid fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities;
- For other lawful purposes, as disclosed to you at the point of collection of any such Information.
We assure you that any Sensitive Personal Data or Information provided by you is collected when the collection of such information is necessary and used by us for a lawful purpose connected with our function or activity.
Some services from us can be offered in conjunction with another company. If you register for or use such services, we and the other company may receive information collected by each other and will use information in accordance with the declaration of confidentiality of each company and other agreements with you.
We want to maintain the Information including Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information provided by you accurately. To view or edit any such information that has been stored online please visit here. You will then be prompted to enter your login ID and password. You may review the information and shall inform us if any Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information is found to be inaccurate or deficient.
We shall not be responsible for the authenticity of the Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information supplied by you and all liabilities in respect of the losses which may occur due to such incorrect Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information will be solely attributable to you.
This website contains links to other sites, and other sites may link to this website. Websites linking to and from this site may have different privacy practices from the ones described here at this website. The privacy policies of the Principal apply only to its website. Visitors should read the privacy statements of other websites they visit for information regarding specific privacy practices. We will not be responsible for any breach of your privacy or any other loss arising to you as a result of a collection of your Information, Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information by such websites.
The information for the accounts you have with Principal is kept secure and confidential through multiple security features and procedures. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures as specified under the Privacy Rules to help protect your Information including Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information from unauthorized access, usage and disclosure, such as encryption, passwords, physical security etc. by inter-alia the following:
- The information you request from our website for your accounts can only be accessed with your password. It is your responsibility to keep your password confidential.
- Do not disclose your password to anyone. Our employees and associates will never ask you for your password. If a password is used to help protect your accounts and information, you are responsible for keeping your password confidential.
- Never write your password on something others may see. If you are sharing a computer with anyone you should always log out before leaving a site or service to protect access to your information from subsequent users.
- Change your password immediately by accessing our website using your login ID, if you suspect someone has discovered it.
- The information you submit through our website, as well as the information we send back to you while you are visiting our website, is protected while passing through the Internet using strong encryption ("scrambling" to make it incomprehensible) when necessary. Our secure server software encrypts information, ensuring that Internet communications through our website stay private and protected.
- Your account information is not permanently stored on our web server. The information only resides on our web server while you are viewing the information. It is permanently stored on our secured corporate computer systems.
- Our corporate network systems, which store your account information, use proven security controls.
- We have data security staff whose sole responsibilities are to ensure the security of the information we process and store.
The Principal has policies and procedures in place to limit access to your information to only those who have a business need to view it.
To ensure the security of your confidential account information, we use proven security software to encrypt the information before it is transmitted through the Internet. We only allow confidential information to be submitted for transmission if your browser is compatible with Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), our security software. If your browser is not compatible, you will receive a message indicating your transaction can not be completed because of the security risk.
SSL establishes a secure connection between two parties (for example, your browser and our web server). It is used to implement HTTPS, the secure version of HTTP, and is an open technology supported across various browsers (for example, Netscape Navigator, Microsoft Internet Explorer). Principal requires that you use an SSL-enabled browser to communicate with the secure area of our site. You know you are visiting the secure area of our site when the URL begins with "https://...". We have also implemented a firewall to protect all of our systems that are not part of the Internet from intrusion.
Our website, like many websites, uses "cookies" (information stored on your computer by your browser at our request). Cookies enable the site to "remember" who you are so that you can get around it easier and more efficiently. Cookies allow you to access secured information, conduct secured transactions, and take advantage of promotional opportunities.
Different websites store the information in cookies differently. We do not record Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information in our cookies. Any such Information is stored in our protected systems and not in the cookie or on the Internet.
A "cookie" is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser to be read back from that browser. Cookies are a way to have the browser "remember" specific bits of information.
Note: The information stored within a cookie can be read only by the web server that originally sent the cookie. Web servers cannot read cookies sent by other web servers.
The two types of cookies are session cookies and persistent cookies. The key difference between session cookies and persistent cookies is the time of expiration.
- Session cookies expire at the end of the session.
- Persistent cookies do not expire at the end of the session.
A session cookie may be created when you visit a site or portion of a site. The cookie exists for the duration of your visit. For example, a session cookie is created when you use the Personal Login to access secured pages on the website. Depending on the settings in your browser, you may have the option to deny the session cookie; however, if you deny the cookie you may have trouble using the site which relies on that cookie. Session cookies are no longer accessible after one of the following events.
- The user logs out of a site or a portion of a site.
- The user shuts down the browser.
- The session is inactive for a specified length of time (often 20 minutes).
- The user starts a new Internet session on the same computer.
A persistent cookie is used to store your preferences for use by a single site. A persistent cookie is stored on your hard drive and is read by your browser each time you visit the website that sent the cookie. Please see the Privacy page for more on the information we collect.
As mentioned above in the course of our business activity we are also required to collect, maintain and store on our servers (or our Registrar and Transfer Agents) data/information as provided by you on the application or other forms including all such information concerning your transactions with us, our affiliates, or others.
We restrict access to non-public Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide financial products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to maintain requisite standards to guard your non-public Personal Information or Sensitive Personal Data or Information.
While we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant or guarantee that your Information or private communications you transmit to us will always remain private or confidential, and you do so at your own risk.
We are committed to addressing your concerns with respect to the processing of your Information including Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Data or Information. For this purpose, we have designated a ‘Grievance Officer’ whose contact details are as follows:
- Hariharan Iyer, Head – Customer Services
- E-mail Id – firstname.lastname@example.org
You can accordingly write to him with details of your queries /issues along with your contact details and Mr Iyer shall contact you shortly thereafter.